During the 23rd night of the Fasting Praise and Prayer Crusade, Brother Theodore developed another aspect of field might used by David to build the kingdom: numbers. Reading from 1 Chronicles 12:23-38, brother Theodore commented that David had numbers to build the kingdom of Israel, and if we are to build our spiritual nation, build the Kingdom of God, we need people, churches, nations that will bring large numbers that are committed to the goal, to the vision.
Unfortunately, brother Theodore noted, many leaders do not bring the men under them into the vision. They do not make the churches they lead to carry the vision, to stand with a leader. This is so much that pastors who are committed to a leader, look as if they are emotionally unstable, whereas they are simply doing what is normal. Those who keep their resources and don’t use them for what they are destined to, are simply embezzlers, and show that they do not belong to the ministry, the leader further said. Resources, here, include men, money, prayers, fast.
Coming back to the passage, brother Theodore highlighted that the tribe of Juda had the largest numbers in Israel. But in their commitment to doing the will of God, in their commitment to David, only 6000 came to do the will of God. He then asked the following questions:
- Our churches can have thousands, but how many can God use to do His will?
- Many have big churches but how many in those churches are serving in the vision?
- If you measured the commitment of our leaders in terms of what they brought as human resources in the vision, how many have you brought?
- The many mega churches we have; how many people have left from there into our vision?
The passage further shows that, unlike Juda, the children of Issachar new the times, they knew what Israel ought to do. They invested all their people into David, all their people into the will of God.
If we are going to accomplish the vision, we need numbers. Numbers are promissory of resources and success, brother Theodore specified. And this type of might is pastoral might, because pastors have number, he said further.
From 2 Sam 21:15-22, brother Theodore explained the sixth subdomain of field might have manifested in the building of the kingdom of God by David: might of faith, that is killing of giants. In the building of the kingdom of David four giants were killed, and giants represent obstacles that stand on the way to success. To build our spiritual nation, we need giant killers, those that will have faith to tackle major obstacles and remove them on the way of the accomplishment of our Vision.
- Disciples of the Jesus-Christ to make disciples for Jesus-Christ
- Personal Spiritual Revival
- The Ministry of Fasting
- Life-Changing Thoughts on Fasting (Vol 1)
- Practical Helps in Fasting Long Fasts
- Building a Spiritual Nation